Thursday, January 22, 2009

CHATter CHATter AS WE FLOW

The answer sheet landed as smoothly as the flight 1549 did on the Hudson. And then….with all the agony that I guess Antony would also have fell short of ,(after Ceaser’s death of course) , our algorithms’ teacher told that lonely student…….,” Who , in the bluest of all hell do you think I am, I teach you the big ‘a’ ,don’t try to show me this scorn lang. otherwise I ‘ll whip you’re ‘a’ ….understand”. The lecture got over and a flock of “WE , THE ENGINEERS” got bizzark to see that acclaimed answer sheet. The answer sheet went as follows:-
“NP Completeness is a f9 teknik. T study is still goin on. But it’s just gr8. :). V’re gonna c tat v will not b able to do ny further if v don’t follow t heirarky. :( . Bii….c ya….tc…..gn…..sd…..”. so we were laughing , rolling on the wooden chairs of the lecture theatre…with a feeling of jubilation as we had understood the situation …GTalk had done the trick again.
We , in our hostel are deprived of some good things, in fact great things …..eg. cell phones …television…and many more so we developed a passion of exercising our vocal cords. We used to chat in our rooms for long hours. About mom , dad, girl friend…and what not. Chatting was an ultimate friend, a philosopher in disguise…and a guide to follow. So last year the management found out the tiresome hectic schedule of our friend and gave him days off. And we got a new present….Wireless Fidelity…oops sorry …WI FI.
During the first few days of that Wi FI, our H.O.D. met all of us and told ,” Make google your best friend “. Who knew, I would repeat it again, WHO KNEW that the assistant of that google ..GTALK will be our life , our soul…to an extent that as I write this thing out …a chill surmounts my spine.
My laptop was a few days old when I saw a horde of people, requesting for my ID…AND YES ,only gmail ids were allowed. I , to be very frank, was a bit amused, firstly because I didn’t understand what they meant and secondly , I was a Yahoo man throughout. I don’t know I had an affinity for yahoo, my first ID was on it , I had learnt Emailing through it….Gmail …..yucks…..it sucks. To satisfy my amusement I went to the rooms of my friends.
Well, what to say , they were all glued to that TFT…as if that white and blue backdrop of gtalk was some kind of a midas’ touch. The fingers were running on the laptop as if some kind of 100 meters sprint for the fingers were organized. I was …..forget what I was doing….all of them were talking wireless. The vocal cords exercised only when some fairer sex came online…” hey man..she has come…go get her…only for 5 minutes”. One faint sound of running footsteps would then come from one end.
“What a heck of a thing …a big hell to GTalk…I am not of this sort.” Two days later idofvarun@gmail.com was ready to shower the bullets of the words, that too , WIRELESSLY. So now started our grand journey that started from the tips of my fingers kissing my Compaq lappy…. to the eyes of the he or she whom I was in acquaintance with. Those were the days man….no football….no assignment…nothing…she is typing….i am typing….we all were typing.
It was 2 -3 months now with that wi-fi. Chatting was now in our blood. One lappy….one off white window in it…and a green light flashing was all one needed for life. Life became all the more beautiful when a girl came…peeping through that window carrying that same old green light. One night I was strolling in my lobby ..one faint voice came from behind….”hey dude I told her what I felt for her…so from tomorrow…5-6 ..Coffee”. I asked in amazement, “Man , how can you, c’mon you,ve been down with loose motions for last 3 days…how can you just …”. As I was asking him , my eyes caught hold of his fingers which he was moving artistically in the air …and I got it – Gtalk was the trick. We used to nickname guys…that was funny,now a new trend was started , guys and girls were referred to by their ID. Those who had found their love through chatting used to blush while hearing their e-name.
Everybody was enjoying ..sorry njoyin life. Life had become narrow, but we enjoyed, lovers used to sit for hours alone, with the green light in search of their counterpart light from the other side. Some other place, one green light used to deal with the other one and every dialogue was the result of 100 advisors who were hidden. The guy with that answer sheet was quite happy last night saying that he has increased his typing speed through GTalk.
I guess this chatting thing did have an impact on us. It’ll be wrong (esp for introverts like me) to say that it is just a waste of time. Although people boast of the length of the chat they do and how fast they do the chatting ….stilll at least at some places it proved miraculous. Some found friends , some found relationships,some discovered relationships, the others rediscovered relationships(some even dumped it!!!!). Considering my experiences and of the others I guess if cyber world has developed any thing emotional….it’ll be this chat machine. Thanx buddy…tc.

No comments: