Saturday, January 17, 2009

When it was the first time to Disco…..

(Words start things , they are the one that ends it…so women like those words are referred by A ,B ,Z…)
That teady beer was costly…..I have to say..But neverthless,I liked buying affluent gifts especially when you are invited by a girl…esp when it’s the first time a girl has invited you. She was quite courteous when she said, “Tommorow I’d like you to drop at my place….it’s a small party..a DJ party.”
Those words were like Wordsworth’s nature tour, which I was witnessing in that Darjeeling toy train, but,.those last three words were like …like an old LaPlace equation, I tended to solve in the choked steam engine.
But , I the great one, had to solve that equation , I had to dance, so I at 5 on that day of judgement , with 6 of my friends ,in a white short shirt and 1 of my neckpiece was all set to move a foot in Z’s birthday.
I call her Z…..as Z’s the the word after which explaination,narration everything ends there is just a picture, an undefined ,faint, unexplainable pic…..so was she.
So me , my 6 friends , teddy bear and Jovan Musk on my sleeves, reached her place at about 6.
Now ,that teddy thing was dealt upon, during that course whatever was done with that teddy by her…I swear ,for the first time in my life wanted to be…guess what….a teddy!!!. Such was my envy with that teddy that I forgot that my vow to be footloose was to be tested.
So I came in, saw it all, and I ……..went out. I was startled , those dazzling lights, that shiny floor and those girls….those girls who were there in salwaar kameez in college, dancing to the tunes of BJTs and OPAMPs were there wearing clothes….moving….umm…..startled.
Slowly like that sand dune, I collected all my strength, I dragged myself back there , dragged , because I was walking as if I had gumboots frozen in ice , forget about being footloose in the first place.
I saw those girls and thought …..no matter... what I thought ......in the end came the voice ,” God is great!!!!!”. The song changed....... the moves changed before that. Hey there was A ….a sweet girl …well….she was jumping, don’t know why ..But she was jumping
My eyes became my enemy. They were all dancing. they were doing something I couldn’t do. Every move of theirs was like a demon eating me making me all the more weaker.
“Why do they keep DJ parties??”. I was about to answer this self imposed question when B met my eyes. She was looking hot …..hot enough for that ice on my feet to melt. Those black hair stuck to that ever so glossy sweat around her lips was enough for me to cover the distance from my chair to the dance floor.
So I was there, in the middle of it all. So many processes started happening inside me that I got hung for sometime and my mouth could only move and deliver , “Ooh Shit!!!”. I was looking all around where to go. B’s hot face with sweat transformed into a cold one with blood all over her eyes. Everybody dancing was 1 step away from kiling me and those who asked me to dance were already kiling me. I was used to see the crowd of the debates, that mob was making me mad. So I started running, don’t know…just ran. During the second sprint a distant voice came, “ Look , he has started a train, let’s join him” and suddenly I became the messiah. I was leading a dance group. I wondered whether running is a dance ,but as long as I was applauded, I didn’t care. I ran 20 rounds all the others followed me.
Now I got the confidence . I started shaking my head; my legs were moving swiftly as Maradona’s. I was moving such ….that it was hard to recognize me in one go. But I didn’t care nor did any body because I was submerged in that. All through my razzmatazz , my moving body, the DJ lights the floor, the floor,A,B….were all teaching me that DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, DO JUSTICE TO YOURSELF, DANCE TO TO THE TUNES OF YOUR LIFE AND THE WORLD WILL FOLLOW YOU…..so now it was the time for disco.

No comments: