Friday, March 27, 2009

AN ESSAY RE-WRITTEN......

“Bachpan kay din bhula naa dena”, this is one of those songs that is true both philosophically and psychologically(as for some philosophy is a science of fools and escapists. We play,wander,roll around,with the least care given to its consequences. But ,but….that childhood of our’s has some follies,has some phobias, which make us cry, which let us awake in the midst of a dreamy night, and yes, they are serious. One such fear was essay writing. Those long, ever so solid ,structures of prose, to me , they were like some ghost ready to gulp me in one go. But like all those poor chaps ,me too passed those days.

One of those ghost riders that I got in the examinations were “WHAT I WISH TO BECOME IF BORN AGAIN?”. The mere sight of the word limit instruction preplexed me. I was close to getting loose motions.I forgot all those verbs, adverbs, passages, be it seen or unseen. The whole situation was proving to be an anathema of sorts. So after grave research, I came to the conclusion of becoming SHAHRUKH KHAN ,if born again( as I was in awe of his youthful avatar(and the euro-trip) of DDLJ,and of course that KKKKK KIRAN(which still haunts me).
But now,many days have passed since that exam day ,and much water has flown and has polluted even more in the rivers of India. Whatever but stilll ..I mean its a bit strange but that essay topic ,now comes to haunt me....comes in my dreams, and asks ..."OK, lets keep the marks aside..but what is it that you want to be". So here is an essay of class 3rd revisited………………….
“they say you get this body, once in every 84 lakh births. And they are the one who also say that we have seven back to back births. I don’t know if they are fools or what but yes what’s the harm in getting a rebirth. So what would I become, or tend to become,and after some stuoid research I come to the conclusion that I would like to become AHEMM…. A DOG….a barking ,sniffing,bone licking dog. I hear you cry, “what for why for, whom for”. I guess for me being alive what I need right now are reasons. Quite clear, crystalled reasons.
So here they are….one thing I lacked in my 22 year old career as a guy is athleticism, 100 mtrs, 200 mtrs. are a dream for me which I win in my dreams only,and dogs with their un-obscure sprint can get me out of that slumber win. Most importantly there is no discipline, anything( I mean it) can be done anytime, no need to worry, about recessions, year backs, love affairs, do it when you feel like doing it. Thirdly for me being successful as a man, I have to be a hard worker , you know one who burns that midnight oil,toil,learn,hit the road.. But being a dog,no shitty business, either just get born in a good breed and somebody like Paris Hilton will take you in her arms ,or else you are just a dog ..who cares what you do in life!!!.

There are some other reasons I love about dog but for a dog, they are the reasons why it dies dog’s death. Being a dog at least I would be able to serve those who once served me with never ending affection. Being a man we never realize the importance of parents, our well wishers, being a dog at least I’ll get rid of being selfish. Being a dog I’ll wait for someone I loved ,someone I cared about, perhaps I may die too, but surely what a death it would be. At least I will be getting rid of that “moving on in life”. Homo sapiens are said to be making the best use of the brains, in a way killing emotions. Emotions, which doesn't make you live life , but enjoy life, savor this gift of God. That’s why by being a dog , I, if nothing,would want to enjoy life.
So that’s my ambition , my mission , if born again….BOW VOW till then."

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashutosh Agarwal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.